Additional RootX Application Suggestions and Tips
- Put no more than 2lbs of RootX in a toilet bowl to minimize possibility of foam overﬂow!
- When applying into a sewer clean out, apply 5 gallons of water per pound of RootX product to ensure that the foam is pushed completely down the sewer line. After adding the RootX dry powder mixture to the toilet or clean out you can use a 5 gallon pail to add the correct amount of water. Tip: If applying RootX through a sewer cleanout you can use your bathtub to flush the correct amount of water down the pipe to ensure the RootX foam is pushed down the pipe. Example: If you are treating 40 feet of 4” diameter pipe then use 2 pounds of product. Fill your bathtub that leads to the clean-out with 10 gallons of water (this would be 5 gallons per pound of product). Pour mixed dry RootX powder in the cleanout. Cap the cleanout. Then release the water in your bathtub. Restrict water for 4-6 hours.
- When applying into the toilet make sure to ﬂush the toilet and add the dry mixture into the toilet bowl as the water is going down the drain.
- It is suggested that when doing a toilet application, that you have a 5 gallon bucket ﬁlled with water readily available to further push the foam down the toilet drain if the foam comes back up the drain. This will help avoid the foam overﬂowing the bowl.
- If you are applying through a toilet, the required water can be applied with a 5 gallon pail directly to the toilet or ﬂush the toilet the required amount of times (up to 6 times for a 1.6 gallon low ﬂow toilet when applying 2 pounds of RootX product).
- Restrict water usage from 4 – 6 hours after application.
For Precautionary Statements and more speciﬁc information please refer to the RootX label. EPA Reg. No. 68464 -1